WHY BECOME A MEMBER?
If you are at all interested in the 'fowler' side of the animal kingdom, why not consider joining us at the RACBC? Membership has many benefits including:
- Access to the combined body of knowledge and experience held by the club membership, many of whom have years or even decades of experience in aviculture.
- Become acquainted with many of Alberta's top breeders who can educate and provide you with the very best stock to start your own breeding program.
-Club members are able to order bands from the AACC through our ring secretary and online store.
- Gain exposure for your avicultural related business through advertising at club events, and on our local aviary listing section of this website.
- The opportunity to be educated and to help educate others about the hobby and science of aviculture.
-Have other people to talk to about birds so you don't drive your spouse or significant other insane, or even your family insane.
- Most importantly the opportunity to socialize and make new friends with common interests.
And all this is available for only $20/year or $30/year for extended membership which includes a listing of your avicultural related business on the RACBC's local aviary listing.
At the RACBC our top priorities are the welfare of animals in our care and conducting Club business with integrity and in a professional manner. Because these responsibilities are shared by everyone, all club members are subject to the following conditions:
-Membership shall be open to all persons with an interest in cage birds.
-Membership fees are due upon receipt of application for membership. For those that join during the current year, a pro-rated fee may be applied.
-Membership renewal fees shall be paid no later than December 31.
-Any member who is in arrears for fees or assessments for any year shall be automatically suspended on December 31, but may be reinstated upon full payment of fees.
-Any members wishing to withdraw from membership may do so upon giving
notice in writing to the Executive Board of Directors through the Secretary.
-Any member may be expelled from membership for any cause which the
Club may deem reasonable upon a two-thirds vote of all members in good standing and present at a general meeting.
-Membership fees shall be determined and may be revised by the members at
a general meeting.
-Members of the club shall have a level assigned to them by the executive board based on their amount of experience and advance in level as outlined in Appendix A. Those with more responsibility in the club shall need to have achieved higher levels of experience as outlined in descriptions of positions.
- The RACBC executive board holds the right to terminate without refund, the membership of any individual who, in the executive's judgment, does not follow appropriate and/or ethical animal care, and/or business practices.